Bishop Daniel Felton of the Diocese of Duluth celebrated the installation of seven new acolytes Monday night in St. Mary’s Chapel at The Saint Paul Seminary.
Seminarians designated as acolytes assist at the altar and help distribute Communion during Mass. They are also commissioned to bring Holy Communion to the sick and purify the sacred vessels after Mass. Seminarians are typically installed as lectors – those who proclaim the Word of God in the liturgy – during their first year of theological studies, then made acolytes a year later.
The seminarians installed as acolytes are:
- Stanley Asjes, Des Moines
- Kolbe Kirst, Sioux Falls
- Alexander Leschisin, Sioux Falls
- Dominic Miller, St. Paul and Minneapolis
- Peter Romens, St. Paul and Minneapolis
- Sebastian Spencer, St. Paul and Minneapolis
- Todd VanderMay, Rapid City