2. Complete the Archbishop Flynn Catechetical Institute or be enrolled as a current student.
You are welcome to attend the Deacon Discernment Day to learn more about the diaconate vocation even if you are not already a participant in or graduate of the Catechetical Institute. The pre-requisite is that you have completed or are enrolled in the Catechetical Institute by the time you formally apply to the Institute for Diaconate Formation.
Other pre-requisites will be explained during the Deacon Discernment Day. Some of these include being VIRTUS certified, attending a Catherine of Siena “Called & Gifted” Spiritual Gifts Inventory seminar, and practicing the seven Catholic Watchman practices. If married, completing the Prepare-Enrich Marriage Assessment is required.
3. Complete the New Inquiry Form.
This form is sent to you after you register for Deacon Discernment Day.
4. Participate in an inquiry interview with the Director and the Associate Director for Admissions.
If you are married, your wife should also participate. This interview is for mutual discernment about whether to continue with the application process.
5. Complete the Application for the Institute for Diaconate Formation.
This Application includes gathering of necessary official documents, recommendations, medical assessment, background checks, autobiography, and Scripture reflections.
6. Participate in an interview with the Admissions Committee.
This interview is for mutual discernment about whether you are to be recommended to the Archbishop for admission to the Aspirancy of the Institute for Diaconate Formation.
7. Receive preliminary acceptance by the Archbishop into the Aspirancy of the Institute for Diaconate Formation.
The Aspirancy begins with a three-day men’s retreat in mid-August.